Sunday 1 March 2009

Embossing with Pastels


it was suggested that the pastels were harder to see on this card so I've now included this close-up photo.


Playing around with a new technique to me yesterday after finishing the BAS - Embossing with Pastels. Oh, I like! Not so sure I like the colour choices I made for the Happy Anniversary card but just trying something new! I do have to admit though, I think it looks better IRL than here on my blog.

Happy Anniversary card - stamp sets - Seaside Sketches, Itty Bitty Backgrounds and Cheer & Wishes. Cardstock - Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie & Not Quite Navy. Ink - whisper white, white embossing powder & of course, Stampin' Pastels.

With Love card - Yummy (Sale-a-Bration), Polka Dot & Touch of Nature. Cardstock - Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & DSP = Brocade Background. 1" Chocolate Chip double-stitch grosgrain was my ribbon choice here. I again used Whisper White ink & embossing powder and for a bit of fun I added the orange dew drops. I also based this card on SCS Card Sketch # SC183.

I took Brian & Damian out to lunch today. We were meant to be going to Hillary's Boat Harbour but for those of you who live here in WA - you will probably know that it's always busy there ... needless to say both car parks (yes, boat car park too) was chock a block at 1pm when we got there .... so we headed a bit further north to Mullaloo and hit the Tavern for lunch. Excellent meal and service ... well worth the effort! I don't have to cook tonight now :-)

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Chelle! These are beautiful! Wonderful job on the technique. Gorgeous work. I haven't done this technique in ages and you've enable me to give it a try. Did you add the pastels while the ink was ink? (I can't remember -- it's an age thing (snort)!