Thursday 5 May 2011

Just when you think it's safe ...

I went to hang out washing yesterday and was confronted by this sight ... I know it's May and generally at this time of year it's cooler and we are safe from fires but this really had me worried. After a little poking around on the interweb I found out that someone had given the local Dept. of Environment & Conservation some money to buy some matches, which certainly made me feel better, but still left me a little concerned that a fire could go from nothing to this in about an hour, at this time of year! I do feel better though knowing that next summer there won't be much left to burn to the west of us! Happy days peoples :)


PS - the photo looks great enlarged so click on the photo!

1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

whoa! This is scary!