Wednesday 18 August 2010

Araluen Botanic Park





I very much needed some time out yesterday as the past few weeks have been very draining emotionally, so after I'd done what I needed to work wise I packed the car with my camera gear and headed off to Araluen Botanic Park. For those of you in WA the tulips were not quite flowering but given 2-3 weeks they should be awesome! I was very disappointed to find that both batteries were flat in my Canon camera so I had to make do with our little Panasonic Lumix - which I think did a fabulous job with the close-ups! Anyway much to my amazement I pretty much had the park to myself for the first 3/4 hour but even when I left there were still less than a dozen other people around. I wanted to share a few of my favourite shots of the day with you. I love the shot of the white magnolia flower with the white aura surrounding it (no I didn't edit it) and if you like you can click on any photo to enlarge it. If you click on the name of the park above it'll take you through to the website. Hope all is well at your end of the world!

2 comments:

lalchy said...

wow. pics are beautiful

Pat (mspfd) said...

Stunning photos, Chelle.