Wednesday 1 February 2012

Project 365 - Day 166 - Lighting

Lighting can make a big difference on the outcome of your photo! Sticking with still life today I've incorporated 2 loves here - craft and photography! Paper is an old Basic Grey and the brad is one of Stampin' Up!'s Flower Brads. Camera settings were: Shooting Mode: AE (aperture priority); F2.8; ISO 100; Shutter Speed 1/15th. All are straight from camera with no adjustments at all.
Back lit and my favourite of the day! I like the dark, moody feel it envokes.

Front lit - my least favourite of the day. Although you can make out the texture/colours on the paper it makes the brad look over exposed.
Side lit - would be my 2nd favourite as the lighting isn't as harsh as the front lit photo but it doesn't have the depth of the back lit photo.

1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

interesting group of photos. From your perspective as a photographer, most of my photos are overexposed.