Wednesday 2 March 2011

Meet Charlotte



Ok, so yes, we have a spider living with us (outside I might add), we have watched this one grow from a wee young thing into this large, taking over the world spider! For those of you who know me well, you know that I just don't do spiders but this year is seeing a new me. Normally I would have removed the web and spider as soon as it appeared but this one has been living with us for at least 8-10 weeks now and it's been really amazing to watch her grow. I say "her" as I'm sure I saw her devouring the last of her mate a few weeks back. Anyway, meet Charlotte, a Golden Orb Spider and until Charlotte moved in I never knew why they were called a Golden Orb - but check out the amazing Golden colour on the web - it's awesome when the light hits it at the right angle! Her web is huge and is now also connected to the house - she must watch Brian walking past all the time as her threads are just above his head height!! We are thinking that it might be time to relocate her to the bush somewhere before she really takes over.
Hope you like my snapshots of Charlotte and I hope that your week is going well!

1 comment:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome to view on film. Incredible photos. Not a big spider fan either.