Friday 8 August 2008

All I need now is ....


some laying hens for our new mobile chook tractor! Brian in his spare time over the last few weeks put together this wonderful mobile pen using scraps found around our property. The only new things we purchased for it were 2 x wheels to make it mobile and the water container today.... so the whole thing only cost about $50 ... cool huh! The enclosed end has nesting boxes and somewhere for the chickens to roost at night. I even got Brian to put a door in to get in just so I can get the water bottle and feeder in and throw in the scraps. I think he might have to go into business!

3 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow, what a great home for the chicks. That must be the cadillac model!
Yum! fresh eggs to go.
Have fun with it!
Pat

Anonymous said...

Really cool!!! Love the use of mostly scraps - keepin' it green! Tell him I said it's a great job. Court.

WhatIfWeAllCared? said...

Very Nice! I want to start with 4 hens some time in the next year... hopefully sooner than later! A tractor like that would be nice for the summer 9when heat isn't so critical here). Now I must get organized on my chicken project! LOL
Thanks,
Karen