Tuesday 16 October 2007

What we've been up to ...

Has been a busy couple of weeks with school holidays, a wedding, and a few birthdays ... Oh, and a cooking class!! Sorry I don't have any pics of the wedding nor the 70th birthday (MIL) that we have attended over the last week or so ... I used my real camera as it takes much better photos than the digital ... so you will have to wait until the films are developed.

Damian has driven a few times over the holidays with the longest drive from here to outer Perth! Will have to wait for him to come home again to give him some more driving tuition. He's been rather good so far but needs to work on the clutch and taking off from a standing start ... as we all did when we first started to learn.

The wedding was our friends and ex-neighbours Sam & Damien. The ceremony was held on the farm overlooking the coastal plains ... it was really the most perfect place! The girls all looked beautiful Sam in her white dress, the bridesmaids in their burgundy dresses and the ring bearer had the most delicious apple green dress - similar in style to the bride & bridesmaids however there was more detailing in the embroidery! The reception was held at the recently renovated Moora Town Hall - which was a great venue. Damien had spent many hours creating candleabras (SP?) out of rusty farm JUNK! The were fab but apparently he's finished with his artistic life now. :-)

Brian's birthday was last Friday - a day he shares with his Mum! Not so sure I'd like to have a baby on my birthday but I'm sure sharing the day all the years following isn't so bad! My MIL was 70 this year so we had a party for her Saturday night with around 60 family & friends. We had the event catered so we didn't have to spend a great deal of time in the kitchen . It was a great night and great to catch up with so many people ... as was the wedding!

Well, it's back to the old routine now ... Brian has gone away contract working, DJ's back at school and I got to clean the house - best part of that is the house will stay clean for a while now! :-))

Fun & games today - twice!
First time was a HUGE huntsman type spider sitting on the roof of my car when I went to do the mail run today and then this afternoon Jessie was carrying on & barking so I went to check it out. She has different barks for different things ... today's bark was a snake bark. Got my boots on, found the longest handled shovel I could and was about to help the little fellow (he was only about a foot long) off into the paddock when he found a gap between the concrete floor & the glass sliding door. Hmmm ... there's a problem with that as the concrete here has several gaps in it (like expansion gaps) I'm not sure if he came out while I was playing music with lots of loud bass or whether he might pop up indoors somewhere. Can you tell I'm really excited by that thought!

Tis now after 6 so best go feed the fur children & myself. Don't you just hate cooking for 1?? Sounds like a BLT night!

Ciao for now ...... Chelle

No comments: